Training 407 Visa
This visa allows people to come to Australia on a temporary basis, for up to 2 years, to participate in workplace-based occupational training activities to improve skills for the job, area of tertiary study, field of expertise or in a professional development training program in Australia.
There are three types of occupational training (nomination eligibility types) covered by this visa:
- Workplace based training required for registration.
- Structured workplace based training to enhance skills in an eligible occupation.
- Training that promotes capacity building overseas (overseas qualification, government support, professional development).
Training 407 Visa requirements, processing times and costs.
Training Visa Requirements
There are two sets of requirements:
- Sponsor Requirements.
- Visa Applicant Requirements.
The employer needs to show the following:
- Must be able to show the organisation can directly provide training, unless the organisation is a national Australian Commonwealth Government agency or has an exemption.
Visa Applicant Requirements
The trainee needs to show the following:
- At least 18 years of age.
- Be nominated by the sponsor.
- Meet English language requirements.
- Meet health and character requirements.
Training Visa Processing Time
Processing times will vary according to your personal circumstances. General estimates are as follows:
- Document preparation 2 to 4 weeks.
- Post lodgement processing 3 to 6 months.
Training Visa Costs