Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional Provisional 494 Visa
This visa enables regional employers to address identified labour shortages within their region by sponsoring skilled workers where employers can't source an appropriately skilled Australian worker.
- 5 year visa.
- Initially a provisional visa.
- If eligible, visa applicant can apply for permanent residence after 3 years.
Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional Provisional (SESR) 494 Visa requirements, processing times and costs.
Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional Provisional Visa Requirements
The Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional Provisional Visa replaces the RSMS visa. Work experience and/or education qualifications in a listed eligible occupation is required.
There are two sets of requirements:
- Sponsor Requirements.
- Visa Applicant Requirements
The employer needs to show the following:
- Company is lawfully and actively operating in Australia.
- Company has a sound business record and abides by immigration laws.
- Company has a genuine need for a position (occupation) on the appropriate government list or Labour Agreement.
- The position is full time and for at least 5 years.
- The position is to be paid at or above a market salary rate.
Visa Applicant Requirements
The employee needs to show the following:
- Younger than 45 years of age.
- Meet the skills and qualifications requirements.
- Meet English language requirements.
Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional Provisional Visa Processing Time
Processing times will vary according to your personal circumstances. General estimates are as follows:
- Document preparation 2 to 4 weeks.
- Post lodgement processing 6 to 10 months.
If a Skills Assessment is required for the visa applicant the processing times will vary depending on the Skills Assessing Authority that assesses the nominated occupation. Allow an additional 2 to 3 months processing for this step.
Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional Provisional Visa Costs
The application costs vary according to your personal situation. Please take a free online assessment to determine the costs or book a consultation for more information.
Speak to a Registered Migration Agent about Employer Sponsored Visas