Australian Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) 186 Visa
This visa lets skilled workers, who are nominated by their employer, live and work in Australia permanently.
Australian Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) 186 Visa requirements, processing times and costs.
Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) Visa Requirements
Live and work in Australia indefinitely (Permanent Residence). Work experience and/or education qualifications in a listed eligible occupation is required. Direct entry or transition from a 457 or TSS visa.
The requirements for the Employer Nomination Scheme 186 (ENS) Visa have two stages:
Stage 1: Employer Nomination for a Position.
Stage 2: Visa Application.
Stage 1: Employer Nomination for a Position
The employer needs to show the following:
- Company is lawfully and actively operating in Australia.
- Company has a sound business record and abides by immigration laws.
- Company has a commitment to training staff.
- Company has a genuine need for a position (occupation) on the appropriate government list.
- The position is full time and for at least 2 years.
- The position is to be paid at or above a market salary rate.
Stage 2: Visa Application
The employee needs to show the following:
- Younger than 45 years of age (exemptions can apply).
- Employee has the required skills for the position.
- Meet English language requirements.
- Meet health and character requirements.
Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) Visa Processing Time
Processing times will vary according to your personal circumstances. General estimates are as follows:
- Document preparation 2 to 4 weeks.
- Post lodgement processing 6 to 10 months.
If a Skills Assessment is required for the visa applicant the processing times will vary depending on the Skills Assessing Authority that assesses the nominated occupation. Allow an additional 2 to 3 months processing for this step.
Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) Visa Costs
The application costs vary according to your personal situation. Please take a free online assessment to determine the costs or book a consultation for more information.