Temporary Activity 408 Visa
This visa allows people to come to Australia to do specific types of work on a short-term, temporary basis.
Temporary Activity Visa requirements, processing times and costs.
Temporary Activity Visa Requirements
- Enter Australia to do specific types of activity (work) on a short-term, temporary basis.
- Sponsorship is required.
- Stay up to 3 months or 2 years (can be longer in some instances).
- Meet health and character requirements.
Types of Activities (work):
- Sporting Activities. Play, coach, instruct or adjudicate for an Australian team, or do high level sports training with a sporting organisation. Stay for up to 2 years.
- Religious Work. Full-time religious work for a religious institution in Australia. Stay for up to 2 years.
- Entertainment Activities. Work in the entertainment industry on film, television or live productions as a performer, production or support staff. Stay for up to 2 years.
- Research activities. Observe or take part in a research project at a research or tertiary institution in Australia. Stay for up to 2 years.
- Exchange Arrangements. Part of a staff exchange with an Australian organisation. Stay for up to 2 years.
- Superyacht Crew. Crew member of a superyacht. Stay for up to 12 months.
- Special Program. Take part in an approved special program. Special programs can include youth exchange, cultural enrichment or community programs, school language assistants or gap year school volunteering. Stay for up to 12 months.
- Domestic work for executives. Full-time domestic work in the household of certain senior foreign executives. Stay for up to 2 years.
- Australian Government Endorsed Events. Participate in events which are endorsed by the Australian Government. Stay for the duration of the event or up to 4 years.
Temporary Activity Visa Processing Time
- Generally processed in 4 to 8 weeks. It may take less time in some circumstances.
Take the quick Employer Sponsored Assessment to determine if eligible
More Employer Sponsored Visa Information
6th January, 2021