Employer Sponsored Visas − RSMS Visa Requirements
The requirements for the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) Visa have two stages:
- Stage 1: Employer Position Nomination
- Stage 2: Visa Applicant
- Company is lawfully and actively operating in Australia;
- Company has a sound business record and abides by immigration laws;
- Company has a genuine need for a position (occupation) on the appropriate government list;
- The position is full time and for at least 2 years;
- The position is to be paid at or above a market salary rate;
- Company has and will continue to train staff (temporary residence transition stream only); and
- Assessment from the local Regional Certifying Body (direct entry stream only)
Stage 1 - Employer Position Nomination RequirementsThe employer needs to show the following:
- Younger than 45 years of age;
- Meet the skills and qualifications requirements;
- Meet English language requirements; and
- Worked in a nominated position in the business (holding a 457 visa) for at least 2 years before the nomination is lodged (temporary residence transition stream only).
Stage 2 - Visa Applicant RequirementsThe employee needs to show the following:
There are exemptions relating to age, skills and English language ability. These depend on the nominated occupation, salary and past work experience.
Please note that 1 of the following 3 visa streams will apply to the application:
- Temporary Residence Transition stream
For an employer that has already sponsored the employee on a subclass 457 or 482 visa for at least 2 years (new requirements are 3 years, but transitional arrangements apply).
- Direct Entry stream
For employers that want to nominate a new employee to fill a position.
- Agreement stream
For employers that want to nominate an applicant through a labour agreement or regional migration agreement.
Find the best visa for your situation
More Employer Sponsored Visa Information
21st February, 2020