Employer Sponsored Visas − Visa Requirements − RSMS Visa
The requirements for the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) Visa have two stages:
Stage 1: Employer Position Nomination
Stage 2: Visa Applicant
Stage 1 - Employer Position Nomination Requirements
The employer needs to show the following:
- Company is lawfully and actively operating in Australia;
- Company has a sound business record and abides by immigration laws;
- Company has a genuine need for a position (occupation) on the appropriate government list;
- The position is full time and for at least 2 years;
- The position is to be paid at or above a market salary rate;
- Company has and will continue to train staff (temporary residence transition stream only); and
- Assessment from the local Regional Certifying Body (direct entry stream only)
Stage 2 - Visa Applicant Requirements
The employee needs to show the following:
- Younger than 50 years of age;
- Meet the skills and qualifications requirements;
- Meet English language requirements; and
- Worked in a nominated position in the business (holding a 457 visa) for at least 2 years before the nomination is lodged (temporary residence transition stream only).
There are exemptions relating to age, skills and English language ability. These depend on the nominated occupation, salary and past work experience.
Please note that 1 of the following 3 visa streams will apply to the application:
Temporary Residence Transition stream
For an employer that has already sponsored the employee on a subclass 457 visa for at least 2 years.
Direct Entry stream
For employers that want to nominate a new employee to fill a position.
For employers that want to nominate an applicant through a labour agreement or regional migration agreement.
Employers Click Here
Employer Sponsored Visas are for employers who cannot fill a position with an Australian worker.
If you have a Job Offer Click Here
The Employer Sponsored Visa could be for you if you have an employer willing to sponsor you to live and work in Australia.
- Trust: Registered to provide Australian immigration advice About us
- Experience: Over 20 years consultant experience
- Service: Professional and efficient online application services
- Support: 24/7 online support and office hours phone/skype support
- Credibility: Don't just take our word for it, read our client reviews
I just want to say thank you to you for your exceptional and professional service....and your endless patience with all my questions. [more]
Zoe - South Africa
Reactive, Supportive & Careful agents. If you are planning to go to Australia I'm definitely recommanding you National Visas, you [more]
Cedric - France
Thank you so much!!! You have made my day, I appreciate the amazing timelines of this! [more]
Mariah - USA
Thanks so much for the good news of granting my visa! I am so very happy that it's done so quickly. I do commend the technical expertise [more]
MD MONJUR - Bangladesh