Australian Temporary Skilled Graduate Visas
This visa is for student visa holders who have recently graduated from an Australian educational institution. The visa allows you live, study and work in Australia after you have finished your studies for a period of time.
- There are two types (streams) of Temporary Skilled Graduate 485 Visas:
- Graduate Work stream
- Post Study Work stream (and Second Post Study Work stream)
- You must:
- be in Australia when you apply for this visa and when the visa is granted
- be under 50 years of age
- have a recent qualification in a CRICOS registered course
The qualification must relate to an occupation on the skilled occupation list (Graduate Work stream) or be a higher education degree (Post Study Work stream).
- Length of stay on a Temporary Skilled Graduate 485 Visa:
- Graduate Work stream: generally up to 18 months (Hong Kong passport holders may stay for 5 years)
- Post Study Work stream: generally 2 or 4 years (Hong Kong passport holders may stay for 5 years)
- Second Post Study Work stream: generally 1 or 2 years (Hong Kong passport holders may stay for 5 years)
Speak to a Registered Migration Agent about Skilled Work Visas