Prospective Marriage (Fiancé) Visa Requirements
This visa type is suitable for the Fiancé of an Australian sponsor.
There are several requirements that applicants must meet in order to be considered for a Fiancé Visa:
- Applicants must be intending to come to Australia to marry an Australian citizen or Permanent Resident
- Applicants must have met their Australian sponsor personally, and MUST NOT marry prior to entering Australia
- There can be no impediment to marrying under Australian Law
- The plans of the couple to marry should be known by family and friends
- Applicants must agree to marry within 9 months of entering Australia and will be granted a 9 month Temporary Visa for this purpose
If the marriage does not eventuate in this time, the visa will NOT be extended the applicant will be required to leave Australia.
The Prospective Spouse (Fiancé) Visa application must be lodged outside of Australia.
See if you can apply for a Partner Visa