Australian Partner Visas − Visa Requirements − Spouse / De Facto
This visa type is suitable for the wife, husband or de-facto (including same sex relationship) partner of an Australian sponsor. There are several requirements that applicants must meet in order to be considered for a Partner Visa:Must be of marriageable age:
- If either partner currently resides in Australia, both must have turned 18;
- If neither partner resides in Australia, both must have turned 16;
- Provisions exist for persons between the ages of 16 and 18 to marry under court order.
- Marriage must be legal in Australia or in country of marriage;
- Marriages NOT recognised include:
- Arranged or proxy marriages (husband and wife must have physically met before marriage, and live together after marriage);
- Polygamous marriage;
- Marriages within prohibited degrees of relationship (generally meaning close family members);
- Same sex marriage (considered a de facto relationship);
- Marriage of convenience;
- Marriage that is only recognised by custom.
- Live together (or do not live apart on a permanent basis);
- Commitment to a shared life as husband and wife to exclusion of all others;
- Must have lived together for a period of at least 12 months prior to lodging visa application.
This visa can be applied for from within, or outside of Australia.
Please be aware:
All relationships will be assessed on a number of factors to determine that the relationship is genuine.
We advise that applicants should be able to:
- Provide evidence detailing mutual commitment - which includes the length of the relationship and time spent living together;
- Provide financial evidence supporting their mutual commitment to their partner;
- Provide evidence demonstrating the social aspects of the relationship, including pictures and the opinions of family and friends about the relationship.
- Trust: Registered to provide Australian immigration advice About us
- Experience: Over 20 years consultant experience
- Service: Professional and efficient online application services
- Support: 24/7 online support and office hours phone/skype support
- Credibility: Don't just take our word for it, read our client reviews
I just want to say thank you to you for your exceptional and professional service....and your endless patience with all my questions. [more]
Zoe - South Africa
Reactive, Supportive & Careful agents. If you are planning to go to Australia I'm definitely recommanding you National Visas, you [more]
Cedric - France
Thank you so much!!! You have made my day, I appreciate the amazing timelines of this! [more]
Mariah - USA
Thanks so much for the good news of granting my visa! I am so very happy that it's done so quickly. I do commend the technical expertise [more]
MD MONJUR - Bangladesh