Australian Partner Visas − Visa Requirements − Spouse / De Facto
This visa type is suitable for the wife, husband or de-facto (including same sex relationship) partner of an Australian sponsor. There are several requirements that applicants must meet in order to be considered for a Partner Visa:Must be of marriageable age:
- If either partner currently resides in Australia, both must have turned 18;
- If neither partner resides in Australia, both must have turned 16;
- Provisions exist for persons between the ages of 16 and 18 to marry under court order.
- Marriage must be legal in Australia or in country of marriage;
- Marriages NOT recognised include:
- Arranged or proxy marriages (husband and wife must have physically met before marriage, and live together after marriage);
- Polygamous marriage;
- Marriages within prohibited degrees of relationship (generally meaning close family members);
- Same sex marriage (considered a de facto relationship);
- Marriage of convenience;
- Marriage that is only recognised by custom.
- Live together (or do not live apart on a permanent basis);
- Commitment to a shared life as husband and wife to exclusion of all others;
- Must have lived together for a period of at least 12 months prior to lodging visa application.
This visa can be applied for from within, or outside of Australia.
Please be aware:
All relationships will be assessed on a number of factors to determine that the relationship is genuine.
We advise that applicants should be able to:
- Provide evidence detailing mutual commitment - which includes the length of the relationship and time spent living together;
- Provide financial evidence supporting their mutual commitment to their partner;
- Provide evidence demonstrating the social aspects of the relationship, including pictures and the opinions of family and friends about the relationship.
- Trust: Registered to provide Australian immigration advice About us
- Experience: Over 20 years consultant experience
- Service: Professional and efficient online application services
- Support: 24/7 online support and office hours phone/skype support
- Credibility: Don't just take our word for it, read our client reviews
That is great news!! We are very happy to hear our visa has been approved!!! :) Thank you so much for your guidance throughout the process. [more]
Camila - Brazil
Thank you very much and once again it is really an excellent job you have done for us. If not with the help of National visa, we dont think [more]
Janice - Philippines