Partner Visas − New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship Visa Requirements
This visa type is suitable for the wife, husband or de-facto partner (including same sex relationship) of a New Zealand sponsor. Applicants are eligible for this visa if their New Zealand sponsor is either in Australia as the holder of a Special Category visa OR upon entry to Australia will be the holder of a Special Category visa.
There are several requirements that applicants must meet in order to be considered for this Visa:If married - marriage must be recognised under Australian Law.
- Marriage must be legal in Australia or in country of marriage;
- Marriages NOT recognised include:
- Arranged or proxy marriages (husband and wife must have physically met before marriage, and live together after marriage),
- Polygamous marriage,
- Marriages within prohibited degrees of relationship (generally meaning close family members),
- Same sex marriage (may be considered for Interdependency Visa),
- Marriage of convenience, and
- Marriage that is only recognised by custom.
- Live together (or do not live apart on a permanent basis);
- Commitment to a shared life as husband and wife to exclusion of all others;
- Must have lived together for a period of at least 12 months prior to lodging visa application.
Please be aware:
All relationships will be assessed on a number of factors to determine that the relationship is genuine. Some of these factors are as follows.
We advise that applicants should be able to:
- Provide evidence detailing mutual commitment - which includes the length of the relationship and time spent living together;
- Provide financial evidence supporting their mutual commitment to their partner; and
- Provide evidence demonstrating the social aspects of the relationship, including pictures and the opinions of family and friends about the relationship.
- Trust: Registered to provide Australian immigration advice About us
- Experience: Over 20 years consultant experience
- Service: Professional and efficient online application services
- Support: 24/7 online support and office hours phone/skype support
- Credibility: Don't just take our word for it, read our client reviews
That is great news!! We are very happy to hear our visa has been approved!!! :) Thank you so much for your guidance throughout the process. [more]
Camila - Brazil
Thank you very much and once again it is really an excellent job you have done for us. If not with the help of National visa, we dont think [more]
Janice - Philippines