Australian Transit Visa
The transit visa is for people who wish to travel through Australia, for up to 72 hours.
You MUST have a transit visa if you intend to clear Australian immigration or leave the airport transit lounge for any reason before boarding your onwards flight.
- Please note you only require a transit visa in certain situations. You do not need a transit visa if you are from an eligible country (see eligible countries listed below) AND you meet ALL of the following criteria:
- will arrive in Australia by aircraft.
- have a confirmed ticket to leave Australia to travel to a third country by aircraft within 8 hours of arriving.
- have valid travel documents to enter that country.
- do not clear Australian immigration or leave the airport transit lounge for any reason before boarding your onwards flight.
- a resident of Hong Kong who holds a Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) passport or a British National Overseas (BNO) passport
- a resident of Taiwan who holds a passport issued by the authorities of Taiwan (other than passports purported to be official or diplomatic passports)
- an Indian official passport holder OR
- a diplomatic passport holder (This does not include holders of Arab Non-National Passports and diplomatic passports from Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Bahrain, Comoros, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Madagascar, Mauritania, Morocco, Pakistan, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen and Zimbabwe. These passport holders must get a visa.)
If you are not from an eligible country and/or if you do not meet ALL of the criteria specified above, you MUST obtain a transit visa if you intend to stay in Australia for up to 72 hours.
Receive the most comprehensive Australian legal advice from our experienced lawyers and Australian visa, immigration and citizenship advice and independent consulting services on Australian immigration law and policy using our experienced Australian OMARA Registered Migration Agents.
National Visas Service
A comprehensive service where one of our experienced Registered Migration Agents acts as your nominated representative throughout the entire application process, from start to finish. We review your individual situation in detail to determine the most appropriate solution for your circumstances. We work with you to ensure you have the most relevant and comprehensive evidence to support your application, using our extensive experience in achieving successful outcomes, before preparing and lodging your application for you. We continue to liaise with the relevant government authorities on your behalf until the application is processed.
Benefits of Service
Affordable services utilising the expertise of our experienced Registered Migration Agents to prepare and lodge the application will result in a more efficient process. The service will reduce the time that you need to spend on preparing an application, while at the same time ensuring the application has the strongest chance of success in the fastest time possible.