Resident Return Visa − Requirements
To be eligible for a Resident Return Visa (RRV) you must be one of the following:
- an Australian permanent resident;
- a former Australian permanent resident whose last permanent visa was not cancelled;
- A former Australian Citizen who lost or renounced your citizenship.
A RRV may be granted for 5 years, 1 year or 3 months depending on the circumstances. Three of the most common options are detailed below.
- You must not have been absent from Australia for a period of five continuous years or more since the grant of your most recent permanent visa or since you ceased being a citizen, unless there was a compelling reason for your absence;
- You must also be able to demonstrate that you have substantial ties to Australia.
- You must have spent at least one day in the last five years lawfully in Australia.
- You must have spent less than two years in the last five years in Australia.
- You must have been a permanent resident or an Australian citizen for the entire period spent in Australia.
- You must show that there is a compelling and compassionate reason for your departure.
- Trust: Registered to provide Australian immigration advice About us
- Experience: Over 20 years consultant experience
- Service: Professional and efficient online application services
- Support: 24/7 online support and office hours phone/skype support
- Credibility: Don't just take our word for it, read our client reviews
I was so impressed with the speed and efficiency with which my application was handled. When I sent an e mail with a question, it was [more]
Wendy - United Kingdom
My sincere thanks for all your support and assistance. Everything is in order thanks to your efforts. [more]
John - United Kingdom
Extremely professional Support! Getting an Investors Retirement Visa is not easy at all! Thanks to your extremely professional work we got [more]
Karl - Switzerland
Thank you so much for the wonderful news, and for all your hard work. We are thrilled!!! [more]
Tania - Australia