Resident Return Visa − Requirements
To be eligible for a Resident Return Visa (RRV) you must be one of the following:
- an Australian permanent resident;
- a former Australian permanent resident whose last permanent visa was not cancelled;
- A former Australian Citizen who lost or renounced your citizenship.
A RRV may be granted for 5 years, 1 year or 3 months depending on the circumstances. Three of the most common options are detailed below.
- You must not have been absent from Australia for a period of five continuous years or more since the grant of your most recent permanent visa or since you ceased being a citizen, unless there was a compelling reason for your absence;
- You must also be able to demonstrate that you have substantial ties to Australia.
- You must have spent at least one day in the last five years lawfully in Australia.
- You must have spent less than two years in the last five years in Australia.
- You must have been a permanent resident or an Australian citizen for the entire period spent in Australia.
- You must show that there is a compelling and compassionate reason for your departure.
- Trust: Registered to provide Australian immigration advice About us
- Experience: Over 20 years consultant experience
- Service: Professional and efficient online application services
- Support: 24/7 online support and office hours phone/skype support
- Credibility: Don't just take our word for it, read our client reviews
I just want to say thank you to you for your exceptional and professional service....and your endless patience with all my questions. [more]
Zoe - South Africa
Reactive, Supportive & Careful agents. If you are planning to go to Australia I'm definitely recommanding you National Visas, you [more]
Cedric - France
Thank you so much!!! You have made my day, I appreciate the amazing timelines of this! [more]
Mariah - USA
Thanks so much for the good news of granting my visa! I am so very happy that it's done so quickly. I do commend the technical expertise [more]
MD MONJUR - Bangladesh