Resident Return Visa − Requirements
To be eligible for a Resident Return Visa (RRV) you must be one of the following:
- an Australian permanent resident;
- a former Australian permanent resident whose last permanent visa was not cancelled;
- A former Australian Citizen who lost or renounced your citizenship.
A RRV may be granted for 5 years, 1 year or 3 months depending on the circumstances. Three of the most common options are detailed below.
- You must not have been absent from Australia for a period of five continuous years or more since the grant of your most recent permanent visa or since you ceased being a citizen, unless there was a compelling reason for your absence;
- You must also be able to demonstrate that you have substantial ties to Australia.
- You must have spent at least one day in the last five years lawfully in Australia.
- You must have spent less than two years in the last five years in Australia.
- You must have been a permanent resident or an Australian citizen for the entire period spent in Australia.
- You must show that there is a compelling and compassionate reason for your departure.
- Trust: Registered to provide Australian immigration advice About us
- Experience: Over 20 years consultant experience
- Service: Professional and efficient online application services
- Support: 24/7 online support and phone/skype support
- Credibility: Don't just take our word for it, read our client reviews
Thank you so much. Your help is greatly appreciated! Have a great day. [more]
swetasudha - India
Thank you very much for your time and effort to help sort this out. I look forward to seeing Australia, family and friends. [more]
steven john - United Kingdom
Thank you so much for all your help. [more]
Lidia - South Africa
Thanks for all your assistance. We are really excited. Time to relax now. Next step citizenship. [more]
Luigi - Italy