For People with Recognised Skills Seeking To Work in Australia

  • Sharebar

Do you want to work in Australia? Do you possess one of the nominated occupations which are on Australia’s Skilled Occupation Lists (SOL)? If so, you are now on your way to quality to apply for an Australia Working Visa.

There are 2 routes of eligibility in order for you to work in Australia. One is through getting an Australian Working Holiday Visa — this visa will allow you as an Australia Working Holiday Visa holder to do any kind of short term work while in Australia, for up to six months with each employer in order to supplement your holiday funds. However, work must be secondary to your main purpose of your visit which is for holidaying.

For People with Recognised Skills Seeking To Work in Australia

If your main purpose of going to Australia is to seek and engage in employment, you should apply for an Australia Working Visa.


The Skill Stream of Australia’s Migration Program is specifically designed to target skilled migrants whose skills or outstanding abilities can bring valuable economic benefits to the Australian economy.

Under the General Skilled Migration (GSM), professionals and other skilled migrants who have skills in particular occupations required in Australia and who are not sponsored by an employer, however may be sponsored by an eligible family member or nominated by a state or territory government, can apply for any one of the Australia Working Visa namely:

Permanent Visas

  • Skilled–Independent (Migrant) (subclass 175) visa

This visa is for people with skills in demand in the Australian labor market and do not require family sponsorship or state or territory nomination. However, applicants must pass a points test.

  • Skilled–Sponsored (Migrant) (subclass 176) visa

This visa is for people who are sponsored by an eligible relative living in Australia or nominated by a participating state or territory government. Moreover, visa applicants must pass a points test.

Provisional (Temporary) Visas

  • Skilled–Regional Sponsored (subclass 475) visa

This visa a three year provisional visa for skilled workers who are either sponsored by an eligible relative living in a designated area of Australia or nominated by a participating state/territory government and must have pass a points test.

  • Skilled–Recognised Graduate (subclass 476)

This visa is an 18-month temporary visa for recent graduates in specified disciplines from recognized overseas educational institutions who have skills in demand in Australia. This visa does not require a point tests.

Basic Requirements

These are the basic requirements that all applicants for an Australia Working Visa must meet:

  • must be at least 18 years old and younger than 50 at the time of application
  • must have competent English language skills
  • must have the skills and qualifications that are assessed as meeting the Australian standard for an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL), which is a list of skilled occupations that are in need in Australia or the State and Territory SOL
  • must have recent skilled employment experience in their nominated occupation for a period totaling at least 12 months in the last 24 months before applying
  • must meet the Health and Character  requirement

Australia Working Visa Application

If you want to make sure that your visa application is processed as quickly as possible, you should fill up all the necessary fields in your visa application form and include all of the required documents needed to make a complete application.

You can apply online, by post or by courier or through an Australian migration and visa services provider like National Visas, which can apply for your Australia Working Visa on your behalf.

Share and Enjoy:
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • DZone
  • StumbleUpon
  • Tumblr
  • Yahoo! Bookmarks
National Visas offers Personalised Services to help you apply for a visa. National Visas has developed into a world leader in online immigration services. Our Migration Agents are registered to provide Australian immigration advice, as required by Australian law.
Powered by WordPress | Free WordPress News Theme by Free WordPress Themes | Thanks to Premium Themes and WordPress 3 Themes
Copy Protected by Chetans WP-Copyprotect.