Home » Archives by category » Student Visas Articles (Page 7)

Study in Australia: Overseas Student Health Cover

If you’re planning on studying in Australia and have already acquired your Australian student visa, you would need to make adequate arrangements for insurance. International students are required to have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). This insurance will help you pay for medical or hospital care you may need while studying in Australia. It will [...]

Skilled Overseas Student Visas: The Next Step to Permanent Residency

Skilled Australian student visas are designed to fill Australia’s skill gap and help augment the vacancies in the labour market. Subclasses 880, 881 and 882 were created in mid-2001 to allow former students to apply for permanent residence without having to leave Australia. If applicants have had at least two years of study in Australia, [...]

Postgraduate Visa for Masters and Doctorate Degree

Subclass 574 is designed for international students who want to acquire a Masters or a Doctoral degree by research. Your Australian student visa application will be assessed based on your assessment level. That in turn, is determined by your nationality and course of study. Before you apply for Australia visas for students, it is generally [...]

Student Visa for Diploma and Vocational Courses

A course of study registered in CRICOS or the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students. When lodging your Australian visa applications, There is a particular visa for students who want to study in Australia to attain either a certificate I, II, III or IV (except ELICOS), a diploma, an advanced diploma, a [...]

School Sector Visa: Your First Student Visa

Primary and secondary school students wanting to visit Australia to study may do so with a School Sector visa or subclass 571. This is the right Australian visa to get if you want to apply for your first student visa, renew your existing visa or apply to join a family member who is in the [...]

ELICOS: Learn English in Australia

ELICOS Sector is a temporary Australian student visa. It stands for English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students. It is for international students who want to take up courses that lead to a certificate I, III, III or IV or courses that result in no formal Australian award.

Popular Articles

Study in Australia: 10 Basic Steps You Should Know

Australia, one of the top five best countries to study in the world, offers sought-after quality education on top of exciting cultural diversity. Proof of delivery on this promise is the fact that five Australian universities have made it to the top 100 of the 400-plus higher education institutions worldwide ranked by Times Higher Education [...]