Planning to apply for an Australian visa? Not sure where to start?

  • Sharebar

Perhaps the most important tool you must have when you wish to apply for any of the different Australian visas is the knowledge of how to do it and where to start. It is for this reason that National Visas, Australia’s leader in Australian immigration and advice, offers its services to help you lodge a complete Australia visa and maximize your chances of getting an approval.

National Visas provides you helpful and insightful information about the different Australian visas and their requirements. Consider the following.

Planning to apply for an Australian visa? Not sure where to start?

The Visitor Visa. The Australia Visitor Visa is what you need to come to Australia to visit friends and family or to have a holiday. However, you have to remember that you cannot work while you are in Australia on a visitor visa. You can study, but for no longer than 3 months. The Business Short Stay Visa allows you to come to Australia for business meetings, conferences, conventions and short term projects that require a high level of skill. However, this doesn’t involve being hired as an employee of any given company in Australia.

To meet visa requirements, you need to have sufficient funds to cover your expenses in Australia. You also must have an “incentive to return home” when the visa expires, and meet health and character requirements.

The Working Holiday Visa. If you want to travel to Australia and be allowed to work to supplement your funds while holidaying, then you should get the Working Holiday Visa. It requires you to be aged 18 to 30 (30 included), have no dependent children accompanying you to Australia, and you should have sufficient funds (normally around AU$5,000). If you hold a passport from the USA, you need to be a high school graduate in addition to the abovementioned requirements. For those who hold visas from Bangladesh, Argentina, Chile, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, and Turkey, you need to satisfy extra requirements aside from those mentioned above.

The Working Holiday Visa is only open to the passport holders of certain nationalities. Please refer to the National Visas website to see the eligibility list.

The Skilled Visa. This visa is for individuals who want to live and work permanently in Australia. To qualify, you have to be aged 18 to 49 years old at the time you lodge your application. Furthermore, your English language skill must be “competent” which means that you should be able to speak English effectively to communicate with the people in your workplace. This visa also needs you to nominate an occupation from the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) or from the Consolidated Skilled Occupation List (CSOL). You must also be able to meet skills assessing authority requirements for this visa.

Though a university or trade qualification is required for most skilled visas, there are also instances and occupations wherein substantial work experience is enough. These cases can be complex and you should seek the assistance of National Visas professional advisors before proceeding.
The Employer Sponsored Visa. Otherwise known as the 457 visa, is for visa applicants who have an employer in Australia who is willing to sponsor them to work in their skilled occupation. This visa has three stages; stage 1, the employer sponsorship; stage 2 is called the nomination; and stage 3 is the visa application.

The Student Visa. This visa will allow a foreigner to study a specific course from an Australian school, university, or vocational training institution. The applicant has to first select a registered full-time course from an approved Australian education institution. To qualify, you will be assessed against factors like your passport nationality and the type of student visa you are applying for to determine your assessment level. Your assessment level is then used to determine how much evidence you need to present for your application. The assessment levels are from 1 to 5 with 1 requiring you the least documentary evidence and 5 requiring you the most.

As the Student visa is only valid for a short while after you finish your course, you should talk with National Visas so that you will be given other options and alternatives suitable to your situation.

The Partner Visa. This type of visa can be applied for by the wife, husband, or de factor partner of an Australian sponsor. The de facto relationship may include same sex relationships.

If the applicants are married, the marriage should be recognized under Australian law and it should also be legal in the couple’s country of marriage.

If the couple is not married, they should have lived together for at least 12 months and be committed to a life together as partners before the application for this Australian visa is lodged. Whether or not you can apply in or outside Australia will depend on a number of factors. You should contact National Visas for further advice.

As for the fiancé visa, the applicant has to have the intention of coming to Australia and marrying their Australian sponsor and they must have already met the Australian sponsor in person. There should also be no impediments to marrying the Australian sponsor under Australian law and they must agree to get married within a period of 9 months from visa approval.

There may be many other Australian visas that you can also apply for which suit your situation, for example; the Parent visa, Business visa, and the Retirement visa.

If you engage the services of National Visas, you will be able to avail yourself of services like:

Video consultation through Skype with its registered migration agent, visa review service to let you identify the options you have, and an office consultation with a registered migration agent.

Share and Enjoy:
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • DZone
  • StumbleUpon
  • Tumblr
  • Yahoo! Bookmarks
National Visas offers Personalised Services to help you apply for a visa. National Visas has developed into a world leader in online immigration services. Our Migration Agents are registered to provide Australian immigration advice, as required by Australian law.
Powered by WordPress | Free WordPress News Theme by Free WordPress Themes | Thanks to Premium Themes and WordPress 3 Themes
Copy Protected by Chetans WP-Copyprotect.