Australia uses overseas skilled migration to fill skills shortages in its several industries. This program allows skilled foreigners to work in Australia for a definite period of time, usually for up to four years.
However, many prospective applicants usually find one common obstacle: Australian employers may be unsure about recruiting overseas workers due to what they think may be a complex visa sponsorship procedure and obligations. National Visas, as a provider of comprehensive visa assistance to migrants, helps skilled overseas workers to find employment in Australia through its Job Assistance Service.
Job Assistance Service
National Visas has come up with a system for ensuring that overseas skilled workers can find the right employment in Australia within the shortest amount of time possible. The Job Assistance Service is available for all our registered clients who are looking for a job in Australia so they can apply for the right visa. This service consists of three simple steps:
- One of our Registered Migration Agents matches the client’s occupation on the relevant government list;
- Then, the agent assesses if the client will be able to meet the requirements for an employer sponsored visa or any points-tested work visa;
- Finally, our agent lodges an Expression of Interest (EOI) on the Department of Immigration’s SkillSelect system.
As part of this service, National Visas will also provide a reference guide that will inform the client about his or her situation and how to maximise the chances of finding an employer—for example, what to do when a prospective employer is found as well as details of the applicant’s possible visa pathways and requirements.
Once the applicant has found a prospective employer, one of our Migration Agents will also contact them to explain what is involved in the process and how we can help them to become approved standard business sponsors and be able to nominate the applicant for the position.
Another benefit applicants will have by using National Visas is that we also provide the option of being connected to our affiliate recruitment companies which provide a dedicated, personalised and targeted search to try to match skilled migrants with potential employer/sponsors.
How to get job assistance
National Visas also helps skilled migrants search jobs in Australia by partnering with SkilledMigrantJobs.com, an online job site that connects overseas jobseekers with businesses that are willing and able to sponsor them and their families into Australia. The site assists people in establishing a career in Australia, first by eliminating hurdles that accompany a regular Australian job search, then by providing a range of employment sources and possibilities that empower non-Australian jobseekers.
If this is something you may be interested in, the National Visas Job Assistance Service is for you!
Do you want to know more?
Please go to http://www.nationalvisas.com.au/services/job-assistance-service.htm for further information on this service.
How can you start?
It is very simple. Just follow these simple steps:
- Go to the National Visas website at www.nationalvisas.com.au. Then click the Australian Job Search menu on the top-right hand side of the page. (It is also possible to talk to a registered migration agent first; click the assistance widget on the left of the page and follow the steps on the next page.)
- From the Job Search page, click the bar labeled “Job Assistance Service – Register/More Info.” This leads to the main Job Assistance Registration page.
- Fill in the details on the Assessment/Registration part (Step 1) and the Online Consultation/Application part (Step 2).
- Once your payment is done (Step 3), one of our Registered Migration Agents will be in contact with you to start with your service and verify all details (personal, employment, etc.) before lodging your EOI to the government’s SkillSelect database.